Sunday, April 18, 2010

A True Big Fish Story







So, there I was fishing in Winchester, Idaho. About 5 minutes prior I had caught a nice trout. Then again, another fish but holy cow, what a strong trout this was. Well, just as I had it near the shore Corey and I realized why I was having such a hard time with a little trout....it wasn't a trout at all but instead a 2 ft long, approx 25 pound musky!! He was huge and just as I gave Corey my pole so he could attempt to get this guy on land, my line broke! It was sad and I have no proof to back up my story, but this is most likely the biggest fish I will ever catch!


Dominik had a good time but had trouble holding the pole still in order to catch a fish. When Corey or I would catch one, he would belp reel it in and get it off the hook though. It was a greaet day and the weather was perfect and hey, now we have dinner!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh... the proverbial one that "got away"...That must have been exciting. I've never gotten anything over a pound - so I would probably stroke out if I had that experience. Sounds like a good day though. THANKS so much for posting some photos! It's wonderful to see y'all - though I noticed no photo of you just a fish :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! Sorry your fish got away. I once cried over a similar experience. Darn fish.

    ReplyDelete